“Z71” Package | 2014 Chevy Silverado
This post explains what the Z71 package is and what is included in it on the 2014 Chevy Silverado. If you would like to shop for Silverados you can skip to our Silverado Inventory, here.
You’re probably here because you either want to know that this wildly popular “Z71” package is or because you already know what it is but are double-checking what exactly it entails on the 2014 Chevy Silverado. Well, the good news is, since I’m employed by Autostar USA which includes several domestic new car dealerships, I can help you with both.
First, the term “Z71” was actually the designation on the dealer’s end for the Silverado’s back in the 80’s which were Four-Wheel Drive and had an off-road package on it (which differed over the years). The trucks were, and still are, so sought after that Chevy started badging these trucks with the actual “Z71” so consumers could easily identify them and now are legendary in the world of full-size pickups.
The package has changed over the years with a smorgasbord of improvements by General Motor’s engineers and is NO LONGER EXCLUSIVE TO FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE MODELS. For the 2014 Model Year, the “Z71” package includes the following features:
- 46mm high-pressure gas-charged shocks
- A 36mm front stabilizer bar
- Off-road jounce bumpers to absorb large suspension inputs
- Under body transfer case shield
- High-capacity air cleaner
- Z71 badge and decals
- Unique gauge cluster, lower bumper appearance, interior trim plates and grill design
- Brushed metal Z71 door sill plate
- Hill descent control
- Recovery hooks (2WD models)
- Trailering Package, locking differential and 17″ Bright Machined wheels on LT
- 18″ Bright Machined wheels on LTZ
The above information can be found on Chevrolet’s website.
If you’re ready to check out the Silverado for yourself, give our World Class Internet Department a call now at (800) 680-0835 or schedule your test drive online.
Thanks for reading!
Jason Lee Gibson
Your Automotive Digital Informant