What in the world is: LaneSense Lane Departure Warning?
What in the world is LaneSense Lane Departure Warning? Well, it’s just another one of those really awesome technology pieces to keep you safe built-in to the 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk we drove for a bit and got some footage to help showcase some of the cool features you may not have been aware about. This one was one of my favorite and is the second half, the first being Adaptive Cruise Control, of the technology that had me so flabbergasted when we were in it and it was practically driving itself! This thing is really awesome! Check out the video we did on it and then get the official description straight from Chrysler below:
It’s something I would keep activated all the time. It was surprising the first time I used it. I was talking to our camera man, Jon Stern, while going to location to do the Backup Camera video and the Selec-Terrain 4×4 video and wasn’t paying attention to the road. Suddenly, the steering wheel moved by itself to 1) get my attention back and 2) keep myself, my passenger, and our vehicle from physical harm. We saw that and had to put it to the test. I hope you don’t do the same, as the feature will only correct for so long before it shuts off (presumably because it might assume it’s incorrect and shut the feature to avoid fighting with your steering input). Enough about my experience, let’s let Chrysler weigh-in with the official details from their product information website.
LaneSense Lane Departure Warning
- Uses camera-based vision sensor to establish the vehicle’s on-road position
- Delivers a visual warning and a haptic warning (the subtle introduction of torque from the electric power steering system) if an unintentional lane drift (determined by the trajectory change and the absence of turn-signal activation) occurs
- Provides a secondary visual warning if the driver unintentionally drifts too far
- Offers added protection for unforeseen driver circumstances
- Clearly alerts the driver to take immediate action
That’s definitely an honest and straightforward estimation of it. Sums up my experience pretty well. But hey, don’t take my word for it, check out our lineup of vehicles and when you schedule your appointment for a test drive through our World Class Internet Department have your Sales Professional demonstrate this awesome safety feature for you!
Thanks for reading!
Jason Lee Gibson
Your Automotive Digital Informant