Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Dodge has just announced the most powerful muscle car in production! 707 horsepower, 650 lb-ft of torque – the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat. And you can own it, for an estimated starting price of $60,990 (estimated, at the time of this writing).
It features a 6.2L HEMI® SRT Hellcat engine which makes it the most powerful Challenger ever, the most powerful muscle car ever and the most powerful engine the Dodge brand has ever crafted for a general production vehicle.
For anyone looking for the specs on the new 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT® Hellcat you can check out the video on Vimeo or get the bullet points below. But seriously, why wouldn’t you check out the badass video!? Hear that engine roar!
- 20” x 9.5” Lightweight Slingshot Wheels (Available in Brass Monkey or Matte Black)
- Pirelli® P Zero 275/40ZR20 Tires
- Brembo® Six-Piston Calipers (15.4” Two-Piece Slotted/Vented Rotors); Largest ever offered on a Chrysler Group performance vehicle
- Supercharged from the factory
- Aluminum Hood with center Air Intake and Dual Heat Extractors (Improved Aero Balance and Air Flow)
- Air Catcher Headlamp (supplies cool air to supercharger)
- Supercharged 6.2L HEMI® V8
- 707 HP
- Torqueflite® 8 High-Performance Eight-Speed Transmission (greater efficiency and increased performance)
- Dual Straight-Through System
- Electronically Controlled Active Valves (exhilarating exhaust note during acceleration)
- Rear Differential designed for extreme performance and high efficiency (Engineered for maximum torque management)
- Blisten® SRT® Tuned Three-Mode Suspension (controlled response and enhanced driveability)
As soon as we have one in stock you can find it and all our other Challengers on our Autostar USA website. In the meantime, check out the gallery of awesome interior and exterior pictures and even a few videos starring the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT® Hellcat.
At this point you may be asking yourself, how does the new 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT® Hellcat stack up against the competition? Well, if you think we’re going to pull any punches here you’re sorely mistaken! The 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT® Hellcat’s 707HP and 650 lb-ft of torque DOMINATES the 2014 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500’s 5.8L supercharged 4V V8 rated at 662 HP and 631 lb-ft or torque for $55,935 estimated starting price at time of writing (2015 specs STILL unavailable but with the focus on the cosmetics of the vehicle this year it doesn’t appear that it will improve much if at all) AND the 2014 Chevy Camaro ZL1‘s 6.2L Supercharged V8 that produces 580 HP with 556 lb.-ft of torque with an MSRP starting at $55,355 (Sorry, Chevy, but at the time of this writing those are the facts!). Interesting sidenote: horsepower of that magnitude can even compete with some supercars such as the 700 HP Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 for a fraction of the price (currently estimated around $397,500) – though don’t expect it to outclass the 690 lb-ft of torque in the V12 powerhouse!
As always, if you have any further questions don’t hesitate to reach out to our World Class Internet Department via phone, (800) 680-0835, or email.
Thanks for reading!
Jason Lee Gibson
Your Automotive Digital Informant